Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Photo Shop class





I've been researching the textile industry and have had mixed feelings of what I have found.  This field is very competitive, as I had expected as the whole art world is pretty much competitive, but the textile industry is extremely inundated with designers from all walks of life.  A textile designer doesn't necessarily have to be a professional artist, or even someone that has any type of art background.  I suppose that can be a good thing because it allows for a wide range of ideas to flow into the industry.  But, this adds to the over abundance of textile designers.
My goal is to create a line of prints that will focus on the Latin community because that is a demographic that has largely been ignored.
I've begun to create some prints, which I am in the process of carving out of linoleum and wood.  After I print them, I will use Photoshop and Illustrator to play with my designs.  Every textile company that I have researched accepts only digital submissions, which is why I am glad that I am taking the Photoshop class at the Community College,  I really did need some "freshening up".
The images I uploaded are of some initial ideas for my textile designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment