I've been making an inventory of the work that I have created lately and have come to realize that I am incorporating the marigold more and more into my work. It is very symbolic in my culture and I think I am going to spend some time creating some sketches incorporating this flower.
My goal is to create a line of textiles, or at least art pieces that can make the transition into a textile print, while not losing my artistic integrity.

Who posted this?
ReplyDeleteLorena
ReplyDeleteNice print. Are you also researching ways to use this in textiles?
ReplyDeleteYes, I am. I've been creating some sketches in my book. I also signed up for a photo shop and illustrator course at my local community college to refine my editing skills. Most textile companies want a digital file of any art work that is being submitted for consideration. My goal is to create a portfolio to submit.
ReplyDeleteGreat print! That is my favorite medium right now.
ReplyDeleteI've always enjoyed printmaking, but after taking printmaking at Fredericksburg this past summer, I am hooked.
ReplyDeleteLorena, printmaking is my favorite medium these days as well! I am SO SORRY I missed the printmaking this past summer in Fredericksburg. I was smitten with the bug the summer before at Junction!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you run into any difficulties with Photoshop/Illustrator. I teach those programs to my HS students, both for a graphic design class and in my regular class when they do printmaking.