Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sept. 6, 2015: What have I done so far? by Hallee

Hello all...I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend so far. I wanted to post about what have I done with my research and creating an artwork. I was telling Ms. Future that I want to tweak my research topic “Struggle” to “Live Through This”...It is not about the book Ms. Future offered...but I have read the first chapter so far. I also read “Art is a Way of Knowing” by Pat B. Allen first chapter as well. Frankly, I actually understand the feeling what it is like to struggle but live through whatever situation he/she and I are going through. After thinking and researching, I decide to take a break from it for couple of days to recharge my energy, my soul, and my creative thinking.  Yesterday, Justin’s (my boyfriend) parents invited me to go meet up for lunch while Justin’s at work. His parents and I were discussed about how is my whole art process going and they instantly saw my facial expression like I was struggled, feeling down, nothing to get inspire. Well lucky for me, they mentioned it was the first Saturday to check the art center and I got all excited like a little kid going on a field trip! After checking out the art center, I got to meet some artists, questioned them, explored their works, and et cetera.

As you see, I am Mixed Media kind of person such as acrylic, melted crayons, papers, etc. I have painted oil for a while and I got bored with oil painting. Back to the story, after I walked through every single studios, I felt my heart pounding like SuperNova going for Big Bang!! I was overwhelmed and super inspired!! I couldn’t wait to get home and start working on arts right away! I made FIVE 16x20 canvases and they are all different! FIVE! WOW! That’s crazy, right!

So today for some reason, I started working on 30x40 canvas with shades of blue in oil painting....totally weirding me out...like why oil painting? I have an image in my head just waiting to be paint it on the canvas...and it is all coming from the books I read and an quote from God....It will look like that a fish or maybe symbolic of something coming out from the darkness, the struggle, and just live through it...like everything will be okay from now on. Feedback would be great on symbolic or something...I can't figure out what symbol I want to put on...

I have a strange peace with me today and I think I am finally ready to move on to paint a bigger canvas. The 30x40 canvas is my first big piece...just thought I shared this with all of you and I hope maybe there is some kind of inspiration or courage each of you might need?? 

“Live Through This” by  Sabrina Chapadjiev (Ms. Future offered)

“Art is a Way of Knowing” by Pat B. Allen

“The Courage to Create” by Rollo May

“Hearing with my Heart” by Justin Osmond


“Blackbird: Childhood Lost and Found” by Jennifer Lauck

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly what research is...you start one way, find information, then go back to where you started. Good Work.
    Do not worry about what will come of the painting. Paint first then figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your written transparency as you share the struggle through your discoveries. I think Live Through This will help ignite more passion in your art making and research--it has in mine!

    As for your searching symbol, my only suggestion is that you let it come easy. I try not to force my symbols too hard--just create and breathe and experience--and my symbols find their way through the artmaking process. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney. I do understanding what you were saying...I do have this image in my head that I'm struggling to put on canvas...but that is the thing...I have trouble with 50/50 of letting it go and not wanting to let it go...It's complicated. An example would be not caring what people think of you but you sort of do care, maybe little bit. I swear I felt like I was born in the wrong year or something...which I will explain in the next post with in painting/mixed media related(possibly tonight).

      Delete
  3. Hallee,
    My thoughts are that you are living in exactly the right time to fulfill the purposes for which you were born, just sometimes we find connections with other time periods. When I was in my teens, I fell in love with Art Nouveau. It still resonates in my spirit, but I also enjoy other time periods. After I read your next post I will share about an experience I had in the 60's with "letting go" and not caring what people thought - or rather purposefully doing something with my art that would provoke them.

    ReplyDelete