Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hallee's Work in progress

 I could swore that I was born in the wrong year because lately, I see two different things that I cannot combine into one. Believe me, I did tried. I'm still working on it. For example, old school and new school....meaning I like old school styles but I also like modern style. Hard decision ever! Anyway, my point that I cannot not to have one thing...I want all of things altogether and make something beautiful! 

In my work progress, I added acrylic painting to oil paint (after oil is dried). I love what I am seeing but desire to add more other stuffs to my piece. I can't help thinking about how my professor, back in my college days, told me "Less is More" will make everything simple, but I don't want to. I tend to overdo whatever I'm doing. First time overdo can turn out great. Second more overdo can alarm and scream " Disaster!" It makes me nervous when I see it's great but incomplete or complete but not great! Like I says, I was sure I could be born in the wrong year....oh well. That's why I had to keep re-reading the books I selected over and over, just to get words stuck to my head. Stubborn, but very creative in twisted ways. Ja? 

Anyway, here is my picture of my work process. It is beautiful but the rest of it looks....well...incomplete and worst thing is it looks awesome! I just want to stop and admire it and maybe leave it alone. But I can't, it feels incomplete and I got stuck because I don't know what is it that I need to solve. 

So off I go, taking a break, read books again, and maybe I might have an idea or two about my piece.



Ignore my name...it's not finished .....

1 comment:

  1. Dont judge yourself so hard..it is just a beginning. I own a painting by a friend who has something like 20 layers on it. All kinds of materials. He would put on a layer, then take it off and add something new or add the same thing again. Some painted, some dripped. Some splashed. Just keep working. Then take a break and read. Push and pull...the nature of research.

    ReplyDelete