I think I have a fear that I'm not good enough to be an artist or not creative enough to put myself out in the crowd. So I am back into the shell, just sitting there and thinking about all of the work that I put all of my heart out on the painting I've been working on, well, just halfway. Until my mother send me a picture...while she is out visiting Martha's Vineyard with her sisters, her cousins, and her mother. My mother send me a picture for a reason I think she finally realized how wonderful, talented, sweet artist I am, just because I love making art. No, I am doing this out of love, doing art for something I truly believe in, and it makes me feel like I am being true to myself. It is not about making money to struggle and to survive. It is not about how great to compare other artists in the world. It is about each individual doing something they love, their passion to do arts, and their emotions into their works. I thanked my momma to remind me again, this sweet memo all the way from Martha's Vineyard.
So I found two websites that I have been reading all this week, try it out to see what works best for me, and I'm back slowly on track! YAY!!!
1) www.createmixedmedia.com
Articles: -Art Journal Courage by Dina Wakley (Amazing to read)
-Zen Doodle Oodles of Doodles (I'm waiting for book to arrive)
- Trish Reinhard, mixed media artist (I heard of her before I came across reading her article) She wrote Creative Tangle...(another book to wait to arrive)
2) www.studentartguide.com
Article: Beyond the Brush: Inventive Use of Media for Painting Students (Part 3)
The article is useful when you are trying new techniques for any medium, I guess. I have not try these techniques so I will work on it this week.

Right after the moment that experience when I finish a work and it looks like I have dreamed it would look, there is the moment when I doubt I have any talent, thinking my vision (s) are stupid, too simple, too pretty....the journey of art is to continue past all the self talk of unworthiness. Just make the art. Then make more art.
ReplyDeleteThank you for these comments. I am inspired to create and shouldn't listen to the negative feelings that plague me sometimes. ..
ReplyDelete