This is the inside of the miniature book I am currently working on. You can get a feeling for the size by looking at the pencil I placed next to it. Last week I covered the outside with red leather. It has been in the press with the inside of the book and should be ready to remove when I have my class this week. I am looking forward to feeling it in my hands.
Because it takes time for each step in bookbinding, I work on a few books at a time.
This is the inside of the album I have just completed. I tried to place images in my previous blog, and I hope they show up here. Each page is its own signature, and has to have its own tab individually sewn on. These tabs are then hole punched and after the front and back covers have been whole punched and covered with paper, they are all put together with a rivet.Here is one of the pages with the artwork on it.
This is the front of the album. I did not make the marbleized paper, but purchased it from a local artist.
Here is a view from the top showing the completed album.




I removed one of my older posts where I was not able to upload images. I included the images in this blog, and they are showing up! Yay!
ReplyDeletePamela, I really like your idea to make an art book. I have been curious about making an art journal book because of the inspirations I saw in Paint Mojo and 101 Mixed Media Workshop books. Maybe someday I might like to give a try!
ReplyDeleteNice. I love how you have continued to follow your vision and concept.
ReplyDelete